The World Beyond: al-Jazira Sadim
MULRAH (Current Release, Previous Releases) is a mash-up of the Microlite20 and FATE role-playing games, incorporating various modern innovations into an SRD-compatible system. This game provides a way to introduce players to “indie” games by way of a rule set that should be familiar to anyone who has played the world’s most popular fantasy RPG.
MULRAH for Players
MULRAH is designed to introduce those familiar with Microlite20 or the Primary Fantasy SRD to innovative “indie” or modern rules. The “basics” of MULRAH are quite similar to games you’ve likely seen before, with simplified Stats (STR, DEX, MIND), Levels, and so on. Things get a little more divergent when it comes to Aspects, but MULRAH tries to keep it as simple as possible. In addition to MULRAH’s base rules, you will also want to check out:
- Guided Character Creation in the World Beyond
- Sample Character Cards
- Spell Lists (Expanded List of Divine Spells),
- Equipment Lists
MULRAH for GMs
GMs will find the following resources helpful as they run their own games of MULRAH.
- Hazards & Traps (i.e., the Microlite20 GM Guide)
- Encumbrance, Movement, and Wilderness Travel
- Monsters – Basic List (Download) or Expanded List (Download only)
- Magic Items
- Adventures and various other plot hooks I’ll never run
- Setting Rules for Original MULRAH
Theory Behind MULRAH
If you want to learn more about the thought process behind MULRAH’s development, you might want to read the following essays.
- Can an Indie RPG Be Generic?
- Ron Edwards Is Right – System Does Matter
- RPG Design Theory – Articles and Resources
For more information on previous versions of MULRAH, see the Release Schedule. MULRAH is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.