Six things Ibrahim learned from the first day’s journey to Restenford:
- Confirmed: People who read books should not be trusted.
- Gebbel’s mom fixation, already irritating, is going to be a nuisance.
- The stonings they do on this Allahforsaken island are nothing like the stonings they do back home, Ibrahim fondly reminisces…
- Ismail got his sword to glow. Ibrahim wonders if the scholar will teach him that trick.
- This spiked chain facilitates Ibrahim’s favorite method of dispatch. His life-tally of men he’s castrated? An impressive four. (If this lizard man gets out of line, he may be the fifth.)
- “Lydia” (if that is her real name) appears to have evaporated into the fog—with the one-eared Goblin muttering something unintelligible about a dark-cloaked figure. But perhaps the woman is a Fog Elemental?
By trusting in Allah’s mighty wisdom and wise might, Ibrahim knows he will prevail. ■